Fresh Chili Salsa Recipe
- 2 to 3 serrano peppers
- 3 to 4 tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers.
- 2. Place tomatillos in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until tomatillos begin to soften; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Chop tomatillos; place in a small bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and roasted peppers. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 17 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Fresh Chili Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.