- 2 to 3 serrano peppers
- 3 to 4 tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers.
- Place tomatillos in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until tomatillos begin to soften; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- Chop tomatillos; place in a small bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and roasted peppers. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Chili Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p236
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fresh Chili Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review