Fresh Broccoli Salad
This unique salad goes fast at potlucks. It's pretty with the broccoli, mushrooms, red onions and olives. It has a great crunch, and the dressing is quick to make. When time is short and you want something delicious, this recipe fills the bill.
-Marilyn Fields, Groveland, California
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and
- chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat Italian salad dressing) equals 66 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.