- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 cups small broccoli florets (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, bacon, raisins and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Fresh Broccoli Salad with Lemon
"It was a nice taste change form other broccoli salads, but though it was just average."
"My husband and I loved this salad. We did substitute dried cranberries for the raisins. We plan on using the sauce for other dishes. It was perfect for our family reunion picnic."
"I made this for a potluck and got rave reviews! I've made other broccoli salads before, but the addition of mushrooms and cream cheese in the dressing bumped this one ahead of the others for me. I used regular mayonnaise instead of reduced-fat, and I used an immersion blender to combine the dressing ingredients.The amount of dressing was perfect for the amount of dry ingredients, but since my largest bowl was barely big enough, I mixed the ingredients and dressing together in smaller batches first, which coated everything evenly. You will need a pretty large bowl for this one!"
"I have made similar recipes of this broccoli salad. I liked this recipe's addition of mushrooms and lemon, but I did not care for the mustard."
"I have several recipes for this type of salad, but I like the addition of mushrooms (extra fiber) and lemon juice. I did not have cream cheese so subbed extra mayo (regular mayo instead of reduced-fat; reduced-fat mayo has a "sweet" taste and I felt regular mayo would counteract that). The salad seemed "dry" so I made a mini batch of dressing and after it was folded in, the salad tasted great. This recipe is right up there with the others, possibly better!"
"Enjoyed this dish"