The slightly sweet flavor of this salad's dressing is a great contrast to the rich bacon. You can swap in cauliflower for the broccoli if you prefer. —Janet Roth, Tempe, Arizona
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 cups small broccoli florets (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, bacon, raisins and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Fresh Broccoli Salad with Lemon in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Fresh Broccoli Salad with Lemon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review