Fresh Broccoli Salad with Cranberries Recipe
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 144 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Fresh Broccoli Salad with Cranberries
"I love this salad and have made it several times. I steam my broccoli just a little as I'm not that fond of raw broccoli."