Fresh Broccoli Salad with Cranberries Recipe
“This hearty side makes a nice change-of-pace salad. It’s crunchy, creamy and simply delicious. You’d never guess it’s light!” says Dana Herbert of Goshen, Utah. HEALTHY OUTLOOK Got broccoli? If not, you should. The healthy green is an excellent source of vitamins A and C and a good source of calcium, riboflavin and iron, so eating it often definitely does a body good!
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Broccoli Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p19
Reviews for Fresh Broccoli Salad with Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"I love this salad and have made it several times. I steam my broccoli just a little as I'm not that fond of raw broccoli."