Fresh Broccoli Salad
Since this salad seems to be compatible with anything on a menu, I often make it when asked to bring a dish to a group gathering, I first tasted it when visiting a relative in Florida, and I just couldn't return home without the recipe!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place broccoli, onion, cheese and bacon in a salad bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar; mix until
- the sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth Just before serving, pour
- dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 292 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.