Fresh Blueberry Tarts
Pat Habiger guarantees, "These attractive individual treats deliver a burst of blueberry flavor!" A bank loan secretary, she lives near Spearville, Kansas.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 package (6 count) individual graham cracker tart shells
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Spread
- in tart shells.
- In a small bowl, mash 3 tablespoons blueberries with sugar, lemon
- juice and peel. Add remaining berries and toss. Spoon into tarts.
- Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.