Fresh Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Shredded lemon peel, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup blueberries, water and butter; simmer for 4 minutes. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and remaining blueberries.
- 2. Pour into pie shell. Chill for 2-3 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 258 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Fresh Blueberry Pie
"this is a great way to use fresh blueberries. I served with whipped topping and we loved it. very easy to make with bought crust"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.