Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington assembles this convenient cake the night before she needs it. "Just pop it in the oven the next morning. Within minutes, you're enjoying its light texture and fruity taste," she reports.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC