Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington assembles this convenient cake the night before she needs it. "Just pop it in the oven the next morning. Within minutes, you're enjoying its light texture and fruity taste," she reports.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine
- the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately
- with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into
- a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: Coffee cake can be prepared with night before and refrigerated; sprinkle with sugar just before baking.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.