Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p47
Reviews for Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
This recipe was "not available in your country" - which is Canada. Better get that fixed!
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
Quick & easy to make! Bakes up light and is fabulous hot from the oven with a cup of coffee for a great breakfast!