- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
"Very good, kind of like muffins in a square pan. I used half-and-half (out of milk) and baked it in a 9x9" pan for about 30 minutes. Next time I will add vanilla extract, which I think this coffee cake needs.Note to self: Next time try it in a greased half-size bundt pan; sprinkle the pan with the sugar before adding the batter."
"This cake is good. In order to cut down on carbs a bit, I used less than 1/2 cup of sugar for the cake, and omitted the 2 tablespoons of sugar for the top of the cake. Also, I was out of fresh milk, so I substituted coconut milk. This was a good cake and easy to make."
"This recipe was "not available in your country" - which is Canada. Better get that fixed!"
"Quick & easy to make! Bakes up light and is fabulous hot from the oven with a cup of coffee for a great breakfast!"