Fresh Blackberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add 1 cup blackberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries burst and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; gently stir in remaining berries.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 426 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Blackberry Pie
"The instruction though few were very vague, pie looks terrible and there's no juice....hopefully it takes better than it looks....terrible for thanksgiving...will never use this again."
"We have a blackberry patch and it produces an abundance of blackberries every summer. This is one of my husband's favorite blackberry desserts. It is easy to prepare."
"This recipe was so easy and the pie was delish!"
"Very good pie. Easy to make. I work all day and made it in the evening. My husband could not wait for it to cool. Very good taste"
"Fabulous pie! I have made 5 already this year, using fresh berries. I am wondering if frozen berries could be substituted?"
"I just made 2 pies using this recipe. Haven't tasted yet but the filling I tried out of the pan is yummy! I had to add a T or 2 of water when I started heating the sugar/tapioca/salt berry mixture. Can't wait to try finished pies!"
"I have a hard time finding recipes for black raspberries that we have near our home. I use this recipe and it does great!"
"This was the tastiest, most easiest dessert to make. My husband, children and I picked the blackberries from a local orchard and I made the pie a couple days after. It was SO delicious! We served it at a dinner party and everyone enjoyed (and raved) about it."
"Simply the best!"
"I loved this..the blackberry flavor was point on.. The only difference I made was use a crumb topping..but again, it tasted wonderfully yummy!!!"
"This is so easy to make,and has wonderful flavor."
"I used black raspberries and it was yummy!"
"This pie set up very nice with the tapioca. I really like the consistency but I think it needed a little bit more sugar to sweeten it up. I'll try that when I make it again."
"This is the best pie I have ever made. My fruit pies usually come out runny and I can't use cornstarch to thicken it up as my husband is allergic to corn products. I did a crumb topping on this and as I said it was the best pie I EVER made and very easy."
"This is the First Fruit pie I have ever made from scratch!! It turned out awesome!!! I recieved lots of complements, and even had one Person tell me it was the best blackberry pie he had ever had!!!"
"I made this with fresh blackberries.My family loved it."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.