- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add 1 cup blackberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries burst and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; gently stir in remaining berries.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Blackberry Pie
"The instruction though few were very vague, pie looks terrible and there's no juice....hopefully it takes better than it looks....terrible for thanksgiving...will never use this again."
"We have a blackberry patch and it produces an abundance of blackberries every summer. This is one of my husband's favorite blackberry desserts. It is easy to prepare."
"This recipe was so easy and the pie was delish!"
"Very good pie. Easy to make. I work all day and made it in the evening. My husband could not wait for it to cool. Very good taste"
"Fabulous pie! I have made 5 already this year, using fresh berries. I am wondering if frozen berries could be substituted?"