Our family and friends helped make the wedding of our daughter, Hannah, to Robert Aguilera a truly beautiful day. From the music...to the flowers...to the luncheon buffet, folks pitched in. This pie was on of the many wonderful desserts.
Featured In: Classic American Pie Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in dry gelatin until dissolved. Cool until mixture begins to partially set.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Arrange berries, tip end up, in pastry shell; spoon gelatin mixture over fruit. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Berry Pie in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Berry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review