Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts Recipe
We had a “Taste of Home” party with friends who love to try new recipes. These appetizers were a hit. —Sheila Wyum, Rutland, North Dakota
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut each with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- 2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 tarts.
1 individual tart: 195 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC