We had a “Taste of Home” party with friends who love to try new recipes. These appetizers were a hit. — Sheila Wyum, Rutland, North Dakota
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut each with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 tarts.
Originally published as Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review