- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut each with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 tarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts
Sort By :
"Love this recipe. I've done this using sugar cookies and it never occurred to me to use pie pastry. Another idea you could do is use cookie cutters to cut the pie pastry into different shapes for a holiday or special occasion."