Fresh Berries with Lemon Yogurt
This is a refreshing dish that can be served for breakfast or dessert. The berries offer a powerhouse of nutrition, and the limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, adds a burst of citrus flavor. —Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spoon into four
- dessert dishes. Whisk together yogurt and lemon curd; spoon over
- fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup berry mixture with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 218 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.