My sour cream and basil dressing has fancy bistro flavor. We serve it with salad; it’s also a tasty addition to baked potatoes, bread salads and veggies. —Deborah Comeaux, Pocomoke City, Maryland
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 green onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the basil, onion and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Basil Salad Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p12
Reviews for Fresh Basil Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review