This is one of my family's favorite special occasion dishes. We all love the fresh taste of asparagus and we know it's healthy, too! —Jennifer Clark, Blacksburg, Virginia
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and oil. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Asparagus with Pecans in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p36
Reviews for Fresh Asparagus with Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review