Fresh Asparagus with Pecans Recipe
This is one of my family's favorite special occasion dishes. We all love the fresh taste of asparagus and we know it's healthy, too! —Jennifer Clark, Blacksburg, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and oil. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC