- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and oil. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Asparagus with Pecans
"I thought I already had the ultimate recipe for asparagus - this is outstanding. It will certainly go to the top of my list. Will make and make again. Thank you!"
"This is such a good recipe & easy to make too."
"Great recipe which can be mostly made ahead. I cooked the asparagus the day before I intended to serve it, refrigerated over night and put in marinade a couple of hours before serving. My guests loved it!"
"very easy and a great spring time salad . We enjoyed it with a BBQ salmon wonderful."