- 2 romaine hearts, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, mint, sorrel and/or lemon balm
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- 3 lemon wedges
- Place romaine in a large bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Add herbs and onions; toss to combine. Whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg and pepper; add to romaine mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with garbanzo beans and pistachios. Squeeze lemon wedges over the top. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh as Summer Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p49
Reviews for Fresh as Summer Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2015
"Won't be making this again!"
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
"Loved this salad - always looking for new salad recipes. I used mint and basil and added some roasted beets. I'd also suggest coarsely chopping the pistachios. A great salad."