Fresh Apricot Pie Recipe
"This is a nice change of pace from the more traditional fruit and berry pies," says Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "Apricots are very nutritious and delicious!"
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, sprinkle apricots with lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add to apricots, toss gently to coat.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 396 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Apricot Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC