Fresh Apricot Pie
"This is a nice change of pace from the more traditional fruit and berry pies," says Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "Apricots are very nutritious and delicious!"
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, sprinkle apricots with
- lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add to apricots, toss
- gently to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge
- of pie plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to make a
- lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk and
- sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake 45-55 minutes or until
- crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 396 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium,