Fresh Apricot Pie Recipe
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Additional sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, sprinkle apricots with lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add to apricots, toss gently to coat.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 396 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Apricot Pie
"Not enough sugar. I might make it again with more sugar if I happened to have lots and lots of fresh apricots."