From Cottonwood, Arizona, Mary Ann Gove shares her special recipe for no-cook applesauce. “It's extra-healthy since no nutrients are lost in cooking,” she notes. “Honey makes it sweet enough to satisfy as dessert.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 pound tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 153 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, trace protein.