Fresh Apple & Pear Salad Recipe
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Apple & Pear Salad
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this salad. Who would have thought that the combinations of ingredients would compliment each other so well? Very light and refreshing. Will make again.
I made this for a lunch party and it was a hit!
I loved this salad and am making it again for a dinner party!
Recipe turned out very well. Cut all into small size pieces and doubled dressing as I like extra sauce. Used dijon as I didnt have spicy brown. Paired it with a sweet marinated grill pork chop and then had the left over salad with pork patty sausage and fried potatoes for breakfast! Great the next morning!