Fresh Apple & Pear Salad Recipe
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Apple & Pear Salad
Sort By :
"Made this exactly as instructed with dill (couldn't find tarragon)... Simple, refreshing and surprisingly very tasty. I never thought the mustard vinaigrette would work with fresh fruit, but I was mistaken -- it is so yummy. Took it to the office and shared at lunch -- it was a hit (especially with my vegan boss)!"
"Simple to make and great flavors!"
"I cut way back on the red onion and dill and it's very good. It was a little overpowering otherwise."
"I liked this and it was really easy to put together. However, I took it to a family party and there were definitely leftovers and no one really commented on it."
"This salad is wonderful! I made it with fresh tarragon, which we really enjoyed; however, the dill also sounds delicious, so I will be making it again soon!"