Fresh Apple & Pear Salad Recipe
This fun combination of ingredients comes together beautifully in one flavor-packed dish. Crunchy apples and ripe, juicy pears are fantastic tossed with crisp, cool cucumbers and a spicy dressing. —Jean Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 96 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC