- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Apple & Pear Salad
"Made this exactly as instructed with dill (couldn't find tarragon)... Simple, refreshing and surprisingly very tasty. I never thought the mustard vinaigrette would work with fresh fruit, but I was mistaken -- it is so yummy. Took it to the office and shared at lunch -- it was a hit (especially with my vegan boss)!"
"Simple to make and great flavors!"
"I cut way back on the red onion and dill and it's very good. It was a little overpowering otherwise."
"I liked this and it was really easy to put together. However, I took it to a family party and there were definitely leftovers and no one really commented on it."
"This salad is wonderful! I made it with fresh tarragon, which we really enjoyed; however, the dill also sounds delicious, so I will be making it again soon!"
"I really enjoyed this salad. Who would have thought that the combinations of ingredients would compliment each other so well? Very light and refreshing. Will make again."
"I made this for a lunch party and it was a hit!"
"I loved this salad and am making it again for a dinner party!"
"Recipe turned out very well. Cut all into small size pieces and doubled dressing as I like extra sauce. Used dijon as I didnt have spicy brown. Paired it with a sweet marinated grill pork chop and then had the left over salad with pork patty sausage and fried potatoes for breakfast! Great the next morning!"