A delicious assortment of vegetables—asparagus, artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms—are marinated in homemade vinaigrette seasoned with garlic and fresh parsley and oregano.—Lynda Barron, McFarland, Wisconsin
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 3 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 5 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 8 pepperoncini, sliced
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, artichokes, broccoli, cheese, cauliflower, red pepper, olives, pepperoncini and cooked asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fresh Antipasto Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p66
Reviews for Fresh Antipasto Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review