“My mom always made great coleslaw, but it has a lot of sugar and fat. I wanted something more nutritious that also appealed to my kids, so I created this.” Fay Strait - Waukee, Iowa
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery, grapes and apple. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fresh and Fruity Coleslaw in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p31
Reviews for Fresh and Fruity Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review