Fresh and Fruity Coleslaw
“My mom always made great coleslaw, but it has a lot of sugar and fat. I wanted something more nutritious that also appealed to my kids, so I created this.” Fay Strait - Waukee, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery, grapes and apple.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 50 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.