"This pie always receives rave reviews and is especially good when peaches are in season," says Mary Ann Bostic of Sinks Grove, West Virginia.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 7 medium)
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon; stir in 3 tablespoons cream, lemon juice and extract. Add the peaches; toss gently. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place top crust over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush pastry and cutouts with remaining cream. Place cutouts on top of pie; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Peach Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh and Creamy Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review