Fresh 'n' Fruity Salmon Salad Recipe
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without additional vinaigrette) equals 365 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Additional reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- 1. Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with vinaigrette. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Divide spinach between two serving plates. Top with strawberries, onion, cheese and pecans. Flake the salmon; sprinkle over salads. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC