Fresh 'n' Fruity Salmon Salad
Celebrate spring with a light and nutritious salad perfect for a lady's lunch. If you like, customize the salad with a berry-flavored goat cheese.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Additional reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with
- vinaigrette. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Divide spinach between two serving plates. Top with strawberries,
- onion, cheese and pecans. Flake the salmon; sprinkle over salads.
- Drizzle with additional vinaigrette. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.