Fresh 'n' Fruity Salad Recipe
"We love all types of melons, so I'm always experimenting with different ways to serve them," writes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "A light dressing brings out the refreshing fruit flavors in this cool salad that's so delightful in warm weather."
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the fruit. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC