Fresh & Fruity Spinach Salad
Fruit and spinach make a delicious combination, especially when drizzled with a lovely strawberry vinaigrette. Toasted walnuts add a fun crunch. —Amy Blom, Marietta, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, nectarine, strawberries, kiwi
- and walnuts.
- Place the first six vinaigrette ingredients in a blender; cover and
- process for 15 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.