Fruit and spinach make a delicious combination, especially when drizzled with a lovely strawberry vinaigrette. Toasted walnuts add a fun crunch. —Amy Blom, Marietta, Georgia
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, nectarine, strawberries, kiwi and walnuts.
- Place the first six vinaigrette ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh & Fruity Spinach Salad in Country Woman April/May 2009, p34
Reviews for Fresh & Fruity Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2009
"Since I'm really watching my fat intake; I used a fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on this wonderful salad. I'm sure the homemade dressing would be really good, but I enjoyed the bottled one and saved 14 grams of fat."