French Veal Chops
I have been cooking for just my husband and me for the last 30 years. I come up with new recipes for two all the time. This recipe works well when you've had a busy day and can't spend much time cooking, but you still want a very special meal.
-Betty Biehl, Mertztown, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 veal chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops
- on both sides in oil. Sprinkle onion into a greased shallow baking
- dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with chops; drizzle with
- broth. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan
- cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 469 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,146 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.