French Veal Chops Recipe
I have been cooking for just my husband and me for the last 30 years. I come up with new recipes for two all the time. This recipe works well when you've had a busy day and can't spend much time cooking, but you still want a very special meal. -Betty Biehl, Mertztown, Pennsylvania
- 2 veal chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Sprinkle onion into a greased shallow baking dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with chops; drizzle with broth. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as French Veal Chops in Reminisce March/April 2001, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for French Veal Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review