- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove puffs to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape. Cool. Split puffs and remove soft dough.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and chips. Fill cream puffs just before serving; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for French Vanilla Cream Puffs
Sort By :
"Has these at a bible class 1 evening for treats and have looked for this recipe ever since. they were as good as I remeber! Is a keeper recipe. Plan on taking to my next wine tasting"
"These were amazing! My whole family loved them! To add a little extra flavor and pizazz, I drizzled a chocolate glaze over the top. I also just chopped up regular chocolate chips with a slap-chop instead of buying mini chocolate chips and it worked out just fine."