This bread pudding from Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma is warm and decadent, and with caramel, pecans and cinnamon, each bite is irresistible.
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 caramel, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place bread cubes in two greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. In a small bowl, whisk egg and creamer; pour over bread. Sprinkle with caramel pieces, pecans and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as French Vanilla Bread Pudding in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p24
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for French Vanilla Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011
"Absolutely Delicious!!! With all the different flavored creamers, especially seasonal ones, the possibilities are endless!"