Aurora Denney of Spencer, Wisconsin shares this easy method for dressing up ordinary English muffins. "I often serve these scrumptious muffins with maple syrup, seasonal fruit and pork sausage patties or links," she says.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Soak muffins, cut side down, in egg mixture for 1 minute; turn and
- dip the other side just until moistened. In large skillet, melt
- butter. Fry muffins, cut side down, for 2-3 minutes or until golden
- brown. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve
- with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.