French Toasted Buns Recipe
"Being a frugal mom, I feed my family creative foods on a budget," writes Sharon Strouse from Millersburg, Ohio. "This is favorite of our four children and a great way to use up left-over hamburger buns. It's also a big hit when we're camping."
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 day-old hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Dip both sides of each bun into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the syrup and dried fruit; cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with French Toasted buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for French Toasted Buns
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2011
"We used bread instead of buns and left out the fruit. But this is the best french toast I have ever had!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC