- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 day-old hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Dip both sides of each bun into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the syrup and dried fruit; cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with French Toasted buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as French Toasted Buns in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p43
Reviews for French Toasted Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2011
"We used bread instead of buns and left out the fruit. But this is the best french toast I have ever had!"