French Toast with Spiced Butter Recipe
My whole family arrives early on Christmas morning-all of them looking for this delicious French toast with its cinnamon and nutmeg butter. It's easy to make and serve-and always a hit! Children enjoy it as much as my adult guests.
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- SPICED BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in the milk, sugar and vanilla. Arrange bread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour egg mixture over top. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Serve French toast with spiced butter and syrup. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as French Toast with Spiced Butter in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p15
Reviews for French Toast with Spiced Butter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2012
Loved it! I used 1 teaspoon coconut extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and I did not make the butter. I did not have the time to refrigerate overnight, and they still turned out delicious.