French Toast with Orange Syrup Recipe
Thick slices of classic French toast combine with a citrusy syrup for a delicious brunch treat that can't be beat! Don't confine the concoction to only special occasions, though, say Jess & Anne Foust of Bluefield, West Virginia. "This dish is easy enough to serve anytime, even for a family breakfast," they note.—Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- ORANGE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Soak the slices of bread for 30 seconds on each side. Cook on a hot greased griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the orange juice, corn syrup, sugar, butter and orange peel. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with French toast. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 645 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 1076mg sodium, 113g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for French Toast with Orange Syrup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC