French Toast with Orange Syrup Recipe
Thick slices of classic French toast combine with a citrusy syrup for a delicious brunch treat that can't be beat! Don't confine the concoction to only special occasions, though, say Jess & Anne Foust of Bluefield, West Virginia. "This dish is easy enough to serve anytime, even for a family breakfast," they note.—Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- ORANGE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Soak the slices of bread for 30 seconds on each side. Cook on a hot greased griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the orange juice, corn syrup, sugar, butter and orange peel. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with French toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Toast with Orange Syrup in Country Woman March/April 1998, p48
Reviews for French Toast with Orange Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review