French Toast with Blueberries Recipe
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in egg mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat blueberries until warmed. Serve over French toast. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for French Toast with Blueberries
"Good and healthy! Great way to start the day with energy."
"Very easy and tasty! Will definitely be making this again!"
"I have made this recipe several times and I love it!!"