“We love this no-guilt breakfast made with whole-grain bread and egg substitute,” says Kathleen Lindenberg of Sharon, Massachusetts. “The best part is that it's delicious, and you don't even miss the syrup!”
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in egg mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat blueberries until warmed. Serve over French toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Toast with Blueberries in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p57
Reviews for French Toast with Blueberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review