- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in egg mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat blueberries until warmed. Serve over French toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as French Toast with Blueberries in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p57
Reviews for French Toast with Blueberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
Good and healthy! Great way to start the day with energy.
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2011
Very easy and tasty! Will definitely be making this again!
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2010
I have made this recipe several times and I love it!!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >