- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter until apple is tender.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with apple mixture and maple syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for French Toast with Apple Topping
Sort By :
"This recipe was okay. Wouldn't make it again, but overall, it was easy to make."
"Fantastic. Make twice as much apple topping, it is delicious and will go quickly. This apple topping could be used on a dessert as well. Yummy, it'll be hard to eat french toast any other way!"
"This is one of my weekly breakfast recipes that the whole family enjoys. I actually substitute the brown sugar and use Splenda brown sugar so that it has even less sugar content and use Skim milk instead of 2%. It is so delicious!!"
"This is a very tasty topping to go with traditional french toast, and it was easy to make."
"very good indeed!"